How to Make Vape Juice Like a Pro
Vape juice, you probably may have heard it being referred to as e-liquid, e juice or e-cig juice. They are all the same thing. Vape juice is the fuel for your e-cigarette whether it is a simple pod device, a complex RDA or a sub-ohm tank. The juice itself is what vaporized by your device rewarding you with satisfying flavor and vapor just how you like it.
Vape juice is commercially available as you probably already know. However, there is also a world of DIY e-juice.
Making your own vape juice opens you up to a world of utmost vape satisfaction especially if you are a frequent vaper. You get to be flexible and create flavor profiles that are not even on the market or vape experiences that are tailored to suit just you.
Before you begin, you need to procure all the necessary equipment and familiarize yourself with the standard vape juice ingredients. You do not need a laboratory to make vape juice, all you need is a few essential components to transform your house into a mini vape juice factory. You can find an affordable and convenient DIY e-juice kit online to save yourself the trip to different stores.
Let’s start with the Ingredients:
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG): VG is a viscous fluid that is used in all your daily products, from foods and pharmaceuticals to personal care products. VG is also used in e-juice. It is sightly sweet and so it can affect certain e-juice flavors. VG contributes to the vapor produced when vaping.
- Propylene Glycol (PG): PG, unlike VG, is a light and nearly tasteless fluid. It is also used in food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care products. PG does not affect the flavor of your e-juice in any way.
- Nicotine: The higher the concentration of nicotine, the more careful you need to be. Nicotine is used in varying proportions depending on your personal preference. The more nicotine, the stronger the throat hit. Remember, nicotine is an addictive and toxic chemical.
- Flavor Concentrates: You can either make use of natural or artificial flavor concentrates. Note that some flavor concentrates are not designed for vaping so be keen when buying so you get the ones suitable for your e-juice. Flavorah is trusted by e-liquid manufacturers in over 50 countries so they are a good bet for sourcing high-quality flavor concentrates.
Once you have your ingredients, you need a few supplies to get you started:
- Bottles: You need somewhere to store your e-juice once you are done brewing. The size of the bottle depends on your choice. Getting labels for your bottles will save you a lot of stress and guesswork.
- Syringes and/or Pipettes: These allow you to take accurate measurements of all the ingredients you will be working with. They come in a spectrum of sizes. If you will be working with syringes, it is advisable to get one for each ingredient you will be working with.
- Gloves: This is essential when making vape juice, especially if you will be working with nicotine. Direct contact with nicotine is harmful to the skin so make sure you cover both your hands once you start working on your e-juice mixture.
You want to choose a recipe that you can make. If you are new at this, you will find e-juice recipes online and choose an easy one. You need to start off with something simple until you are experienced enough to get into more advanced recipes.
Now you have all you need, whats next?
Step 1: Prepare your workstation. Make sure you put on your gloves. Now place a clean and empty bottle on the table.
Step 2: Get your nicotine, and according to the measurement from your recipe, use a clean syringe to measure and add it into the bottle.
Step 3: Again with syringes, measure your propylene glycol as well as vegetable glycerin and add to the bottle.
Step 4: According to your recipe, and with your syringes, measure the flavor concentrates that you will be using. Once you are done, add the flavoring to the bottle as well.
Step 5: Seal the bottle and shake it thoroughly so all the ingredients mix properly. Shake it again if you are unsure. Now you can either leave your e-juice to steep or just allow it to cool off then fill your tank and enjoy. For some flavors, it is most preferable to let it steep before trying it out.
Now you are done making your own vape juice. Don’t worry if you do not get it right on your first try. Keep at it, once you get used to the ratios and all, you will be making e-juice like a pro.